The easiest way to get involved is to become a member of the Friends! Membership support is needed to sustain the strength of the library. Your support will go to an organization that will be an advocate for the library, help expand its resources, and sponsors cultural events such as exhibits, lectures, and programs.The Board of the Friends will allocate proceeds from fundraising activity toward enhancements that make the library an even better place to study, attend cultural events, browse the collections, and do research. As a friend of Central Library, You’ll join with others who display the same interest and concern for a vibrant central library. Friends of Central Library Support:
Wangenheim Rare Book
- Collection Supports the Rare Books collection and sponsors an annual speaker and fundraiser.
Central Library Departments.
- Purchases special items, equipment, and materials that are not covered by the
- Brings children, books, and authors together through special events and programs at the Central Library. The Friends also sponsor the summer reading program.
- Creates volunteer and community service for teens.
- Supports activities such as the concert series, local author reception, author and panel discussions, adult summer reading and movies.
- Supports the receptions for new openings.
- Supports the 3D printing costs and supplies..
Membership is valid for a full year. If you have not paid for the current year, please take this opportunity to do so. Choose one of the following membership levels: Sponsor: $50, Family: $20, Individual Adult :$10 , Senior/Student: $5 ,Individual Life Member: $250, Contributor/Business: $100, Patron :(Life Member $1000). Lifetime membership entitles you to a discount in the Library Shop.
The Friends of San Diego Central Library is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
There are several ways to donate/ or become a member: Donate online through our secure donation system. https://squareup.com/market/friends-of-the-central-library or Razoo
by filling out a membership form.